The 1200 calorie meal plan is definitely one of the best low calorie diet plans for those who’re looking for fast weight loss results.
But, it is not advised for everyone.
Before opting for any low calorie diets, please consider checking your BMR. And based on your body’s resting rate, you can select the meal plan.
So, assuming that you’ve already cross-checked your BMR and going on a 1200 calorie diet plan doesn’t affect you badly, here is the full meal plan that you can follow to lose weight.
P.S: I’ve earlier shared the 1500 calorie meal plan, which you can follow once you completed the three day military diet. Likewise, you can also follow the 1200 calorie menu by replacing the earlier on the four days off period for best results.
What to Eat After the 3 Days Military Diet?
The secret ingredient for weight loss is to consume less calories than you burn. That means, if your BMR is 1500 calories, then you can eat 1200 calories and create a deficit of 300 calories per day. Likewise, if your BMR is 2000 calories, you can eat 1500 calories and create a deficit of 500 calories per day. By creating a calorie deficit, you’re actually making your body to utilize the stored fat for energy.
Here are few mathematical calculations you should know. Know how to count calories.
1 lb of fat = 3500 calories;
Say for example, if you wanted to lose 10 pounds in 60 days, then calculate (10 x 3500)/30 = 583 calories per day. So, you’ll need to burn ~600 calories per day to get to your ideal weight. This can be achieved by including some high intensity workouts along with your diet plan. Take 300 calories less than your maintenance calories and burn 300 calories through exercise. This way, you can easily burn 600 calories per day and lose those excess pounds within no time.
Now, let us look into the sample meal plan that contains ~1200 calories per day.
1200 Calorie Meal Plan (Four Day OFF Menu)
After Waking Up:
On empty stomach, drink a glass of warm water with half squeezed lemon (no honey required)
Break your fast with 1 cup of Special K, 1 large Banana, 2 tbsp. unsweetened Greek yogurt, 5 almonds (soaked) and 1 cup green tea.
Oatmeal, Walnut & Date ball, 1 glass Ice water with lemon (1/2)
Baked chicken breast with 1 tsp Olive oil, ½ cup cooked brown rice, 1 cup steamed vegetables (no potatoes) and 1 cup green tea
Have a few celery sticks with low-fat hummus (prepare it at home if possible)
Grilled salmon, 1 cup steamed veggies, ½ cup quinoa and 1 cup green tea
Blend ½ banana and ½ cup raspberries and have it 1 hour before going to bed.
Points to Remember
- Don’t follow this 1200 calorie menu or for that fact any low calorie meal plan continuously for more than 10 days. This is because our body gets used to the new diet and stops responding positively. So, it is always advised to shuffle your menu once every 10 days.
- Drink atleast 8 to 12 glasses of water everyday. It helps in flushing out harmful impurities (wastes) from your body, thereby making your weight loss journey much easier.
- Have atleast 8 hours of sleep every day.
- Keep your stress levels in control. Excess hormone production could also lead to weight gain.
- Avoid alcohol, soft drinks and fast foods at any cost, if you wanted to shed weight for good.
- Allocate at least 10 minutes of your daily routine to perform HIIT exercises. They would give you best results in less time.
- Stay away from White poison – Rice, Bread and Sugar-Salt.
- Include more vegetables and fruits in your diet. They’re low in calories and high in nutrition.
- Adding protein to your every meal will help in fighting cravings as protein is efficient in keeping you full for longer periods.
Lastly, try to substitute high calorie foods with their low-calorie/low-fat/skim versions. This way, you can save up some unnecessary calories easily.