Apple Cider Vinegar, also known as the mother of all common ailments, has been around for ages and even helps in losing weight.
There are many people who’ve used Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss and found success.
Vinegar is actually regarded as one of the best gifts to mankind by our mother nature.
Even Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine recommended the use of Apple Cider Vinegar with honey to treat most common ailments like cough and cold.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
The Apples are first cut/crushed and then Yeast is added to the mixture in order to convert the sugar content to alcohol.
And, in the next step, we add bacteria to initiate the fermentation process, after which the alcohol is transformed into acetic acid.
The chief component of ACV is acetic acid, which is also called as ‘Ethanoic Acid’. It is sour in taste and has strong odor.
A single tablespoon (15ml) of Apple Cider Vinegar has only 3 calories and 0 carbs.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
There are many benefits of using ACV in our daily routine. But, the main benefit includes healthy weight loss.
- Reduces Blood Sugar Levels: The acetic acid improves liver & muscle’s ability to draw the sugar from the blood.
- Aids in Fat Loss: Improves our body’s metabolism, thereby helps burn the excess body fat faster.
- Controls Insulin Secretion: Regular intake of Apple Cider Vinegar can help stabilize the secretion of insulin hormone, which is responsible for fat storage.
- Detoxification: Our body is filled with toxins due to unhealthy or poor eating habits and ACV helps in detoxifying the system off impurities and makes us healthy.
- Satiation: ACV promotes fullness and hence you won’t munch on unhealthy snacks. It is also said to curb your cravings to the minimal.
Other Advantages of Apple Cider Vinegar
Other than weight loss, here are some common benefits of having ACV once every day.
- Controls Cholesterol
- Protects the Heart and Reduces Cardiovascular Diseases
- Good Source of Probiotics
- Can be used in wide variety of recipes to enhance the taste and health as well
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar Helps You Lose Weight?
It has slightly higher nutritional value when compared with any other vinegar. And, Apples are high in natural antioxidants, nutrients and fruit polyphenols, which ensures proper functioning of body such as good digestion and better metabolism.
It contains Pectin, which has satiety properties and hence you’ll feel fuller for a long period.
And, while choosing the ACV, try to get the Mother Apple Cider Vinegar, which is unfiltered and unpasteurized, for best weight loss results.
How to Consume/Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
Since it contains acetic acid and is sore in taste, you can’t just straight-away drink it as it gives you throat-burning experience.
You first need to dilute it and then drink it. Here are some healthy recipes you can make with ACV.
Most Recommend Brand: Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (highest rated & unfiltered)
- Mother Apple Cider Vinegar: 2-3 tsp
- Natural Honey: 1 tsp
- Warm Water: 1 Glass
- Ginger: tiny amount
- Turmeric: ½ tsp
- Black Pepper: ½ tsp
Method of Preparation:
Simply, take a glass of warm water and add all the ingredients. Mix/blend it well and drink it slowly.
This drink is full of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. You’ll not only get detoxified but also lose weight in the process.
Suggestion: You can consume 2-3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar per day, diluted with water or the drink that we mentioned above, either after waking up or just before having a meal for best results.
Warning: Pregnant or Breastfeeding women should not consume Apple Cider Vinegar as it might do more harm than good.